iWeb on 2012 Macbook Air

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by Vandefilm, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Vandefilm macrumors regular

Hi,
    I'm a new mac-user and my MBA is my lucky first one. I want to use iWeb but for that to happen I need iLife 09. How can I get iWeb on my 2012 MBA (since it hasnt a dvd-drive and I don't have an external one). Can I get a copy of iLife 09 somewhere and make an image on my PC (still got it)? Or is there an easier way to do this?

2. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

iWeb is done. Why not look at some other options such as Rapidweaver, Coda2, Dreamweaver. Many other WYSIWYG or coding programs to choose from. iWeb will not be getting any more support and down the road you will wish you had made another choice. I know this does not directly answer your question but you may want to think about it.

3. Vandefilm thread starter macrumors regular

I will, but I liked the easiness of iWeb (from what I saw on video's). But I'll try the other programs and see if it's as easy.

4. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Every program will have a learning curve. Some just bigger than others. I am just offering suggestion so you will have continued support down the road.

5. Skald macrumors member

Skald

Thanks for the suggested replacements. I looked into them, and they seem to require actual coding skills. iWeb appeals to me (I have just started trying it out) because I want to be able to tweak page design without coding, just by drag and drop, etc.

Is there a program other than iWeb that allows this?

Can one do a site design in iWeb, and then import that into a newer program to tweak the design (since iWeb doesn't have every feature)?

Thank you!

6. Reason077 macrumors 68000

Reason077

RapidWeaver. It's a "choose your theme, paste in your content" type of solution much like iWeb.

7. djharris macrumors member

Does anyone have a good replacement for iDVD? I think that product is done, too.

8. jonnysods macrumors 601

jonnysods

Seconded.