Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheCrazyOnes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 12, 2008
Home
This is driving me nuts. Every time i publish my sites, the pre-made links at the top don't work past the first page; that is, my home page links works but nothing else on other pages. Borders refuse to render. In IE7 and Firefox, I sometimes don't even GET the bar at the top. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I have tried multiple themes, I have tried reinstalling iWeb 2.0.4. I have tried publishing to folder and to MobileMe. I have tried creating new pages with the same theme. I have tried new pages. The only web browser that allows the links to work is, you guessed it IE6! Yup, but then the photo skimming doesn't work properly.
I'm doing my nut in.
Any help, advice or suggestions will be unbelievably appreciated. Here's a sample of the site:

http://web.mac.com/nicholas_egan/Glens_Wheels_Hire/Introduction.html

Thanking Unbelievably in advance
TheCrazyOnes

macbookairman

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2008
Nebraska
i believe this happens if you have moved the navigation links around in iWeb. I would try moving them around. Make sure that the text box the links are in in iWeb isn't extremely long either (in other words, not tons of space after the last link or before the first). When this happened to me a long time ago, I just had to mess around with it alot.

also make sure there are not any empty text-boxes on top of it that.

TheCrazyOnes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 12, 2008
Home
Thanks for the speedy reply but...

Tried those. Two different themes, and moved it up and down. Modified header length and still no joy. I am thoroughly mystified as to what has caused this.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: I cant take this much longer!!!

aerol

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2008
Same for me. For me though the navigation links work on all pages except for photo template pages. On these pages they refuse to work. Rollover states don't change in Safari either on any page, but they do in Firefox.

I've tried everything. It's really frustrating, but in my case visitors can at least use the back button in the browser to get to the previous page.

I'm with you all the way on this one mate!

scotty96LSC

macrumors 65816
Oct 24, 2007
Charlotte, NC
On my sites I found this as well. Even the slightest text box or graphic getting near the links made them not work. Seemed like the box would cover the active area of the link and not give you access when published.
I just decided to always make my own links and put them where I want. No problems.

aerol

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2008
I know what you mean about the text boxes and graphics interfering with the links, but the problem for me is that the exact same nav links work on most pages but not on photo pages.

Same as you, my navigation is custom made.. I don't use the automatic links iWeb creates. I have copied the nav links from a known good page and pasted it to all problem pages but still no joy. Sigh

Thanks for the suggestion.

mbeeler

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2008
Same problem

I am having the same problem. I created my own menu's and they do not work on all pages. I have tried correcting several times and do not know where the problem is. The website is http://www.lancasterchristianchurch.com any help would be greatly appreciated.

It appears that they somewhat work in Internet Explorer but on a couple of pages they disappear, still no luck on getting them to work in Firefox or Safari.

cblackmore

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2007
New York, NY
obstruction?

I did a SELECT ALL on your webpages, and there seems to be some kind of invisible object on top of your navigation menu except on your first page. Maybe something. Try seeing if you come across anything like that in your iWeb layout?

donniedarko

macrumors regular
Jan 1, 2004
Los Angeles
I did a SELECT ALL on your webpages, and there seems to be some kind of invisible object on top of your navigation menu except on your first page. Maybe something. Try seeing if you come across anything like that in your iWeb layout?

I am having the same issue.

Works in Camino, Firefox, but not in Safari. WTH??!:(

Really disappointing.

Shakti

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2010
I was having the same trouble then realized that the problem was that I had placed some of my links in the top section of the page that iWeb reserves for the title. So I placed my title in the text area, thus lifting that bar (if you view layout, you'll see the horizontal line). Then all my links were in the text area.

Hope this helps.

Seralios

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2010
Problem Solved: I had the same problem. I created my own menu list and hide the default one. when I moved the default menu list somewhere else - away from the menu bar i made - and brought it to the front (the default menubar) (somehow even then it was invisible in my browser but i didn't care), then everything worked out just fine. THat's all i did. just moved the default menu bar and brought it to the front.. hope that helps

Isodoor

macrumors newbie
Mar 2, 2012
Bring links to Front

Hi everyone,

cblackmore, thanks for what you said! I did not have an invisible item blocking my links (self made, not the default menu), but I did bring them all to the front anyway. Even though I already was able to see them...:confused:

Now they work!

Cheers!

SimonMTL

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2005
Montreal Canada
I cant take this much longer!!!

Well, obviously you gave up in 2008, because you never corrected the problem! You could have done away with the javascript menu that iWeb creates, and made your own.

This site is made with iWeb, and works very well:

http://www.LeChiro.info (sorry, it's in French, but you get the idea....)

What I'd like is to have the text menu being displayed in a bright color, but right now it only remembers what pages have been seen, and eventually they all become a dark color.

Anyone know how to make the present page red, and the other choices grey, without that color scheme changing when you press on that specific link ? Or to make a menu with graphics instead??

Thanks for any help.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.