iWeb page summary not in google.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by impulse462, Nov 13, 2009.

1. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

I've been trying to get a page summary for my web page, so that when it comes up in a search there is a description for the link. The 'meta tag' code that I have been using is

<META NAME="DESCRIPTION"
    CONTENT="...Description...">

and when I use that, I put it in the 'Header' of the page. So the problem then is when I publish it, and search again on google and my page comes up, there is no new description. So, if any of you have had experience with this and know how to get it so my page summary comes up when my page is searched, that would be awesome.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Meta tags really have little impact on getting google to notice and categorize it now a days. iWeb is not really SEO friendly because the bots cannot easily traverse the site. That being the case iWeb sites don't get added very quickly.

I'd look to rapidweaver if you're interested in getting the search engines to see your site. Rapidweaver produces SEO friendly HTML and it's almost as easy as iWeb but more powerful and flexible

3. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Google doesn't reindex a web site that often, but you also can't control what the description will be that Google shows in search results. Google decides that.