Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OllieP

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 5, 2006
Hi
I think this should be quite simple...
I have just started to use iWeb to design a website.
On my site there are various Jpegs on a page, what I am trying to do is the following:
The Jpegs would be quite small on the page, when a user clicks on them I need the picture to expand to a much bigger size so the viewer can see it in more detail.

Can anyone tell me how this is done using the latest version of iWeb?

Many thanks
Oliver

Gee

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2004
London, UK
Hi
I think this should be quite simple...
I have just started to use iWeb to design a website.
On my site there are various Jpegs on a page, what I am trying to do is the following:
The Jpegs would be quite small on the page, when a user clicks on them I need the picture to expand to a much bigger size so the viewer can see it in more detail.

Can anyone tell me how this is done using the latest version of iWeb?

Many thanks
Oliver
Simplest way - create a new page with the big version of the picture on. Hyperlink your small pictures to the new page.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Are you using iWeb's photo page templates? They should do this for you automatically. When you add a new page, you can select it's layout and theme. Go for the Photo option and see how that works. :)

Picture 1.png

OllieP

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 5, 2006
Thanks for this Mad Jew.
I choose the Photo page template as you suggested, and it gave me 3 standard photos. I deleted these and added my own.
It placed my Photos Ok but it gave them a border I didn't want! and when I clicked on them it didn't expand the photo size.
Am I missing something???

Thanks again

Oliver

Gee

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2004
London, UK
Thanks for this Mad Jew.
I choose the Photo page template as you suggested, and it gave me 3 standard photos. I deleted these and added my own.
It placed my Photos Ok but it gave them a border I didn't want! and when I clicked on them it didn't expand the photo size.
Am I missing something???

Thanks again

Oliver

There's a menu somewhere in iWeb that lets you change the type of border it uses, so have a look around. For the expanding pictures, I believe that this will only work once the site has been published (i.e. when it's a finished web page, not while it's still in iWeb).

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Gee's right. :)

I find it easier to post photo pages from iPhoto. Select a folder and click on the iWeb button in the bottom tool bar. Follow some prompts and if you don't have too many photos, it'll upload them all to an iWeb page. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.