iWeb pro

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by zsilverman, May 19, 2010.

1. zsilverman macrumors member

Hi does anyone think that Apple wil create a professional version for web developing. I mean it seems they're heavily invested in the web developing world and with html5 around the corner an all. Not to mention, I dont want to use dreamweaver as it doesnt seem to be intuitive (at least to me) and rapidweaver is very nice and very easy to use, except missing a lot of features, even with 3rd party plugins, there is a lot left to be desired.

Should I be holding my breath for an iWeb pro sort of app? what do you all think?

thnx

2. runplaysleeprun macrumors 6502a

runplaysleeprun

I don't think they will release a second line of iWeb. They may just expand the feature set of iWeb, and perhaps add a few advanced features.

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

The concept of a "Pro" iWeb makes me chuckle. People who do that sort of thing already know how to use the various existing "pro" web development/web design tools to do their job, and I highly doubt an Apple foray into that arena would see much success.

4. mikes63737 macrumors 65816

I completely agree with you. iWeb is for making your personal website, if you want to take the easy route and not make one from scratch using a powerful tool such as Dreamweaver. I wouldn't say that Dreamweaver is unintuitive... it's beginning to show its age but it is relatively straightforward to use.

5. zsilverman thread starter macrumors member

darn

I had my hopes up, u guys are saying it aint so! hmm, im sad!

6. calb macrumors 6502

If you're looking for Apple-inspired design, check out Coda. There isn't drag-and-drop simplicity, but it's a wonderful tool for developing a site if you can code.