iweb Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by NEAME, Sep 27, 2008.

1. NEAME macrumors member

NEAME

Whew! Made it (I think). Hello! New to forum!

My iweb software will not reconnect with my website. I have gone into applications support and dragged out my domain.sites file. It connected for awhile but now it's done it again and this time the domain.sites file trick did not help. Anyone have any idea what I'm talking about? If so, can you tell me how to correct the problem.

Neame

2. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

No, I must say that I don't understand your problem as you explained it, so let me ask a couple of questions that may allow us to help.

Are you trying to publish your site when this happens- and if so are you trying to publish to MobileMe or are you publishing to a folder for later transfer to a host site?

Your domain.sites file holds the contents of however many sites you have created and dragging it out of the Applications Support folder will result in a new blank one being created the next time iWeb is started, so I am not sure what dragging it out was supposed to accomplish.

If you could tell us more detail about what "...reconnect to my website" actually means to you (in other words what is it not doing that you think it should) somebody here will suggest a solution.

3. NEAME thread starter macrumors member

NEAME

Resolution

Guess I didn't explain the problem well enough. Usually when I open up iWeb, I land at a place where I can edit or enter new slides. It is my understanding that the domain.sites file allows that to happen. Well for some reason my domin.sites file get corrupted.

I solved the problem by going to my backup drive and dragging the domain.site file from there to my application support folder. When i went in to check for that folder on the drive on my computer, it was missing. Don't know how that happened by I reinstalled it from my back up drive and now everything is working ok. Can someone explain this?

I do hope that you continue to offer help when problems like this occur because it seems to happen to me alot. Again thanks for the reply.

NEAME