iWeb 'Project' deleted accidentally ...

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by WilburDean, May 14, 2008.

1. WilburDean macrumors newbie

When "publishing to a folder" iWeb would publish all the sites I had instead of just the 'one' site I wanted. The first time I deleted the 2 other sites I had in the window on the left and was able to 'undelete' them ... Phewww:)
    The second time, yesterday, I was not able to 'undelete' them.
    The actual sites are saved from the last publishing, but WHERE is the data that shows up in the window to the left? I need to work between 2 or 3 machine with the same project and I need a solution ... Thanks.

2. Cepe Indicum macrumors regular

Not sure how much this helps, but the info for iWeb sites is saved in a file called Domain, which is located at Library > Application Support > iWeb.

As far as I know, there is only one file for all your iWeb sites before they are published - I'm not sure how you split this into separate sites, or even if you can... I will let someone with far more technical know-how answer that!

As for working between two Macs: I do this sometimes, by copying the Domain file between computers (email or USB stick) - just copy the file into the location above. Works for me!

Hope this is of some help. :eek:

3. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

If you hold down 'alt' when you start up iWeb it will ask which Domain file you want to use or create a new one. This helps in keeping things separate. However be aware if you are uploading to .mac it may erase what was previously uploaded and upload what is in iWeb at the time of uploading/publishing. Also the Domain files have to be named Domain for iWeb to use them IIRC so you will need to keep the domain files in separate folders too. Hope this helps.

4. Mitou macrumors regular

This problem of erasing the previous sites is fixed in the iweb 08 and you can publish more than one site to .mac

5. WilburDean thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks ... but it seems as though my site is gone!

If you hold down 'alt' when you start up iWeb it will ask which Domain file you want to use or create a new one. This helps in keeping things separate. However be aware if you are uploading to .mac it may erase what was previously uploaded and upload what is in iWeb at the time of uploading/publishing. Also the Domain files have to be named Domain for iWeb to use them IIRC so you will need to keep the domain files in separate folders too. Hope this helps.[/QUOTE]

The 'undelete' did not work then I shut the program down. Now there is only ONE domain where there used to be three. 1) Any other place it is stored?
    2) Any way t make a site back out of what iWeb published?

6. xroox macrumors newbie

Same

I can't find my old domain (the important one) anywhere... It's just gone. How can I find it? This is bad....

7. 7on macrumors 601

7on

What is your specific problem? If you deleted it might I suggest restoring a backup?