iWeb publish error

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Cri00, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Cri00 macrumors newbie

Hello everyone,

My problem is that iWeb doesn't publish my site the way it is shown in iWeb. I made some modifications to my site in iWeb (put some picture frames on my site, lines) but when I publish to a folder and then to a different domain, my site won't look nothing at all with the one I have created in iWeb. I checked my site with Firefox and Safari and the lines or the picture frames disappeared or don't appear as they should.

Thank you for your answers.

2. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

This happened to me. I turned off all the frames on the images (a pain I know) saved it then reapplied all the frames again and uploaded. Then it worked fine.
    iWeb does some strange things now and again.

Have you got the link to your site so I can have a look? I'm always interested in what people do with iWeb. I like to push it to the limit.

Mine is www.stuartluff.co.uk

3. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

One common cause of that is that the browser's cache of information is not cleared-- so when you go to re-view the site after loading the new version it is using the old version info that is already stored in the cache.

After you upload the new version that you just published to a folder, be sure to clear the browser cache- either via a menu/preferences command or in many cases just by holding down the shift key and clicking the "reload" button. You should see that it takes a few seconds to reload the information from scratch and when the page appears you should be able to see the changes you made.

Hope that clears up your problem- that used to drive me nuts when making lots of little changes to my pages.

4. Cri00 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the answers: it was all about the cache. Thanks again!

5. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

Gotta love it when something actually works and it turns out to be that simple! :)

6. macJC50640 macrumors regular

First of all, so sorry to replenish an old thread.
    I didn't want to create a new one just to have a person redirect me to this one as this one doesn't entirely solve my issue...

Anyways though, I'm having the same problem with iWeb. Whenever I update my site, I need to reset the cache on the browser in order for the finished update to show up correctly. Which isn't that big of a deal

However, its the same for people who visit my site...they can't view the updates either until they reset their cache, and some of the people who visit my site regularly probably don't even know how to do that... :p

So does anyone have a solution to this? What exactly is the problem, and how can I fix it? By the way, if it matters, I upload my site directly to an FTP server through iWeb.

Thanks.