iWeb Publishing Error!!!!! WHY?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by guyducati, Jun 15, 2010.

1. guyducati macrumors regular

Well, I've never had any trouble modifying my site, until last night. I made some major changes to the the site, and tried to upload it, and got the message that is attached.

I've logged onto my server, and there are absolutely no error there, everything is up and running just fine.

Help please? I don't know why it suddenly stopped working...

O, one last thing, I got the error message, but all of the files still upload to my server, but when I go to my website, it just times out.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. guyducati thread starter macrumors regular

3. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

How are you uploading your site to your server? Straight from iWeb or via a Folder and an FTP client?

4. guyducati thread starter macrumors regular

Via iWeb.

Also, an update: I can now upload successfully to my server via iWeb, but when I go to my sites address, I get error messages. When I access my server, and try to edit the HTML code, The code is full of errors, meaning I'm pretty sure that iWeb is screwing up the HTML code....

5. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

Try publishing to a Folder(on your Mac). That way you can visit the site to see if iWeb is screwing up the HTML code.

Then try publishing to your server using an FTP client and see if you have the same problem.