iWeb Publishing Error

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Mal, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

I'm troubleshooting an iWeb site (actually a number of them on this computer, but all in the same database) that refuses to publish to MobileMe or to a folder. All iWeb will do is pop up an error that reads "Publish Error: An unknown error occurred." console.log is also receiving an error message:

Code:
    iWeb[351] *** -[ADReference externalData]: selector not recognized [self = 0x4b1a0ce0]
    The domain file and the site content was transferred to another computer as a test, and it gives the same messages there, so I don't think it's the particular installation of iWeb. Anyone have any thoughts on where I can start looking for the problem?

jW

2. els80 macrumors newbie

I'm having the same problem. I've never had problems publishing to a folder until today...for some odd reason. I'm getting a publishing error after a few files are published.

My domain file is 400 MB. Is that too big?

Any ideas on what's going on? I'm stumped...

Thanks!

3. Mal thread starter macrumors 603

Mal

Most likely you've got a corrupt video or image, that's what this turned out to be. My domain file was 1.1GB, btw, and it didn't cause the problem, so I bet yours is fine.

jW