Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dougfly

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 13, 2010
Hi all,

2 Questions today.

1. I've had some trouble publishing with iWeb. The issue on Firefox seems to have gone away after my internet hosting company apparently "fixed" some DNS zones issues but the problem still exists when I view the pages in Safari. The website is http://www.johnoleary.com. Notice how (in Safari) the "John O"Leary" at the top of the page seems to bounce but only if the page is not already in the browser's cache. Is there any way around this?

2. I've published a number of sites to folders. Is there any way to re-open these sites in iWeb to edit them or is the only way to do this to save the "Domain.sites" file under: User / Library / Application Support / iWeb?

Thanks in advance for your help :)

angelwatt

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
USA
1. The layout is simply changing slightly as the content is loaded. Not much you can do about it.

2. iWeb is an export only application. You just have to keep separate Domain.sites files for each site to keep them separate. There's no way at all to get a published folder back into iWeb. Unfortunately.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.