iWeb Publishing Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by quicksip, Jul 29, 2011.

1. quicksip macrumors newbie

Hi there, just have two problems, I have just published the website www.quicksip.co.uk through FTP on iWeb. The only problem I have is that when you visit the site and type in www.quicksip.co.uk the web address bar will automatically reset to www.quicksip.co.uk/www.quicksip.co.uk/welcome.html

Obviously I dont mind about the welcome.html but why does it have my domain name twice? Is this an error with iWeb or my host (iPage)

Secondly if you would be kind enough to look at the survey page (im not asking you to complete it) but the submit button at the bottom left of the survey seems to work on all computers and iPads but it is all confused and messed up on iPhones!

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thank you

2. quicksip thread starter macrumors newbie

:-(

No body got any ideas, I have figured out the problem with the iPhone but the two domain names is really bugging me!!!

3. ScoobyMcDoo macrumors 65816

You might get more responses if you give some details on what you have done and tried. Perhaps a screen shot of the publishing dialog would be a good start.

4. quicksip thread starter macrumors newbie

screenshots

here are some screen shots, I have tried fiddling with the publishing page but nothing has seem to work, I am using iPage (not mobileme) so it could be a problem with that but I don't have a clue about it. I have never done a website through iWeb or iPage before.

thanks

Attached Files:

5. Shawnpk macrumors 6502

I have the same problem with my site created with iWeb and published through GoDaddy. It doesnt really bother me. Why does it bother you?

6. quicksip thread starter macrumors newbie

It's not a massive deal, I just think it looks very un-professional/not much effort has been put in. There is no reason a website should have its domain name twice when every single other website has it just once.

I can live with it but would rather not, it just portrays an image of lack of effort or willingness to sort out the small problems (its normally small things that annoy me more than the big ones)

Thanks

7. jonnysods macrumors 603

jonnysods

Try deleting all the files on the server, publishing the files locally onto your Sites folder, and then dragging them into your server folder. You may find that in your www.domain folder there is another www.domain folder which your index file is pointing to.

This has happened to me once too.

8. quicksip thread starter macrumors newbie

Publish locally

Thanks for the reply, im glad other people have had this problem to....

I tried this and obviously did something horrifically wrong, its just not really there anymore!!!

9. ScoobyMcDoo macrumors 65816

I think it's because you put your URL in the "Site Name" field. Change that site name to something else, and I bet your final URL will be
    Code:
    http://www.quicksip.co.uk/WhateverYouPutInSiteName/welcome.html