iWeb question: importing sites from another machine

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by maestrocasa, Jan 20, 2008.

1. maestrocasa macrumors regular

I hope someone has a quick fix for this. I'm afraid I'm going to have to re-make an entire website.

I have a website I created using my MBP and iWeb2. My wife made a website on her MB using iWeb1.1.

Since I have a .mac account and she doesn't, I figure I'll just post her site using my account. So, I published it from here machine, and it takes over the root URL (web.mac.com/user) So, I transfer all of her site's html files and the iWeb domain file to my computer, expecting to drop it into the sidebar of iWeb2. Doesn't work!

I can open her domain file(and it's now updated to 2.0 format), if I go to the library and launch it from there, but I can't drag it in or have both our files open at the same time. I can't even launch a different domain from within iWeb, because there is no "open" command in iWeb. Must return to Library every time I want to switch between our sites.

Anyone know of a way to bring that site into my sidebar, so I can manage both sites from the same window? THANKS!!!

2. samh004 macrumors 68020

samh004

All I could find was this which doesn't seem to be useful. I would suggest submitting a bug report or feature request to Apple and hoping it's included in the next update, as for now though, dunno.