iWeb question

bluedoggiant

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 13, 2007
MD & ATL,GA
in the new iweb, can u make a page then save it as an html file and upload it to your own web host? or do u have to use the .mac

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
iWeb has always had a Publish To Folder option and that remains in the latest version. Uploading the resultant folder and index.html file to your web space via FTP should make it accessible to all. :)

bluedoggiant

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 13, 2007
MD & ATL,GA
iWeb has always had a Publish To Folder option and that remains in the latest version. Uploading the resultant folder and index.html file to your web space via FTP should make it accessible to all. :)
OMG! really? ill have to see wen i install ilife 08, im not so convinced by it, but, here goes

Lesser Evets

macrumors 68040
Jan 7, 2006
haha WTH? Yes, you save to a folder or publish to a folder under FILE. Then you name the destination on the web that folder will be placed within beneath the window (www.mypersonaldomain.com or whatever).

The index file is if you want anyone going to www.mypersonaldomain.com (or whatever name) to launch into the website. If not, just forget putting index.html on your site and tell people to go to www.mypersonaldomain.com/FolderNameYouChoose/index.html .... or whatever file in there you want them to access from your link.

bluedoggiant

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 13, 2007
MD & ATL,GA
i saw it, im SOOO excited, and it worked, the problem is that it looks terrible on a page with ads, i use free web hosts, the iweb good doesnt look good with the annoying ads