iWeb question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bluedoggiant, Aug 11, 2007.

1. bluedoggiant macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

in the new iweb, can u make a page then save it as an html file and upload it to your own web host? or do u have to use the .mac

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

iWeb has always had a Publish To Folder option and that remains in the latest version. Uploading the resultant folder and index.html file to your web space via FTP should make it accessible to all. :)

3. bluedoggiant thread starter macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

OMG! really? ill have to see wen i install ilife 08, im not so convinced by it, but, here goes

4. Lesser Evets macrumors 68040

Lesser Evets

haha WTH? Yes, you save to a folder or publish to a folder under FILE. Then you name the destination on the web that folder will be placed within beneath the window (www.mypersonaldomain.com or whatever).

The index file is if you want anyone going to www.mypersonaldomain.com (or whatever name) to launch into the website. If not, just forget putting index.html on your site and tell people to go to www.mypersonaldomain.com/FolderNameYouChoose/index.html .... or whatever file in there you want them to access from your link.

5. bluedoggiant thread starter macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

i saw it, im SOOO excited, and it worked, the problem is that it looks terrible on a page with ads, i use free web hosts, the iweb good doesnt look good with the annoying ads