iweb Question?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by obelix112za, Oct 10, 2007.

1. obelix112za macrumors member

Hi Mac users.
    I am new to Apple, and I'm buying my new (and 1st) 20" iMac as soon as Leopard is released.

My question is this: I have a shop on eBid.net selling camera gear. I am plannnig on building a new website, sort of as a storefront for my shop.

I want to be able to offer people the choice, by buying directly through my site (shutter-bug.eu obviously there is nothing there yet, just bought the domain) or taking them to my store on eBid to make the purchase.

If they choose to buy through me I would want to offer Paypal and maybe another payment method, like Google Checkout or CCBill.

Is all this possible with iWeb? e-commerce etc...
    My site will probably be hosted by Host Gator.

I want to use iWeb, well simply cause I'll have a new iMac & mainly the Apple design templates looks allot better than most other programs. I will be running XP via Parallels, but won't be using it much, so I can use another web designing program.

Thank You in advance

Heinrich

2. klaxamazoo macrumors 6502

iWeb does not natively support eCommerce features. There may be people who have released pluggins or work-arounds, I'm not sure.