Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BLID

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 7, 2009
Has anyone had problems with re-publishing to a folder, after updating web pages with iWeb? What happens for me is that iWeb creates a 2nd 'site' folder within the already existing 'site' folder, duplicating all the web pages, which seriously confuses the server! The only way I have so far found to avoid this is to delete everything from my website folder before re-publishing. I'd be grateful if someone has an answer to this.:confused:

jivesince1976

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2009
This sounds like the same problem I'm experiencing. When I try to republish the updated site is a confused mixture of the old and new elements. Unfortunately, I've not even found this 'site' folder you speak of. Where is that located?

Thanks.

sickmacdoc

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2008
New Hampshire
Has anyone had problems with re-publishing to a folder, after updating web pages with iWeb? What happens for me is that iWeb creates a 2nd 'site' folder within the already existing 'site' folder, duplicating all the web pages, which seriously confuses the server! The only way I have so far found to avoid this is to delete everything from my website folder before re-publishing. I'd be grateful if someone has an answer to this.:confused:
OK to try to lend a hand can you let us know some more info please?

• What version of iWeb are you using?
• Are you publishing to MobileMe or your own webhost?
• If you are using iWeb 3 (from iLife 09) are you using the "Publish Site Changes" or "Publish Entire Site" option?
• In between publishes have you changed the site name within iWeb?

BLID

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 7, 2009
iweb publishing problem

Hi there, thanks for replying. I'm using iWeb 08, and I'm using my own web server, so I publish to a folder on my desktop, before uploading to my server. The problem seems to happen just when republishing to the folder, after making changes and saving them. I haven't changed the site name. Any ideas?

It sounds like the new version of iWeb may have addressed this problem, seeing your question about saving just changes or whole site. Am I right about that?

Replying to jivesince1976, if you look at the place where you publish your pages (on your hard drive somewhere. I publish to a folder on my desktop), you'll see that there is a folder called 'Site', and a file called index.html, which is your index page (the one at the top of your web pages list to the left on your iWeb site). Hope that makes sense.

Many thanks, Brenda

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.