iWeb - Safari 4 countdown problem, and auto-changing banners?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by VaatiKaiba, Jul 28, 2009.

1. VaatiKaiba macrumors 6502

Two problems (well, one problem, one question) with iWeb '09:

I have a countdown (using the iWeb widget) on my site, but it's not showing up in Safari - it has the icon when the pictures couldn't be found, is this a known issue? Is there a way of solving it? It works in Firefox (3.5)...

Secondly, I have a banner at the top of my site, but I have a range of banners that I wanted to use, and each time the page was loaded, one out of the selection would be randomly picked. I know this is possible using JavaScript, but is it possible in iWeb?

Thanks!

2. oculus42 macrumors 6502

Countdown

The countdown is probably a path issue. Some browsers will call from the page's path, some from the script's path, so you should use the leading slash on your image paths "/images/1.jpg" instead of "images/1.jpg" to prevent this.

I don't have any iWeb experience, so I can't help on the second half of the post.

3. VaatiKaiba thread starter macrumors 6502

It's an iWeb widget, so you can't edit the code - which is why it seems strange that it's not compatible with other Apple software...

4. VaatiKaiba thread starter macrumors 6502

That JS was put in the <head > section manually on the previous site I was using it on - would it work in the HTML snippet widget?