iWeb site different when published (spacing problem) ...why?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by miamialley, Feb 4, 2011.

1. miamialley, Feb 4, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2011

miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

Please see attached pictures. The picture with the correct character spacing is from the iWeb app, while the other picture is from safari. I tried 3 other browsers and the page looks exactly the same on each, having incorrect spacing. (I copied and pasted text from a Word document and placed in in one text box in iWeb.)

I tried spacing it so that it looks incorrect on iWeb, but correct online (a real task!), but this work around doesn't make the page look correct either as the characters don't end up in completely predictable positions. What's the deal?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I suppose its caused by iWeb's rendering engine which appears to be different then the web browsers.

Don't forget that all the web browser have been updated quite a bit over the past few years but that's not the case with iWeb, so that could account for the differences between them.

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Consider not formatting your resume in HTML. Not only will directing a hiring manager to a website put your candidacy at the bottom of the pile (or in the circular file), putting that much personal data online is not a good idea in the first place.