iWeb: slow to start

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by zim, May 6, 2007.

1. zim macrumors 65816

zim

My iWeb application takes about 1-2 min to open. Does anyone know any solutions? This isn't a new issue, has been like this for some time now. The Domain file is about 2.1GB.. which I am concerned about. I post photos from iPhoto.. a few I know that were large files (dragged into iWeb, tiffs).

I have already tried opening the preferences and a file found in the Domain package, as recommended in the Apple support discussions... any other ideas? anyone else have this issue?

Thanks!

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

How much RAM do you have? and what computer is this on? I think that it is probably that you don't have enough RAM, but tht still seems like a long time.

3. zim thread starter macrumors 65816

zim

I have 768 MB of RAM.. 1.25 GHz G4 iMac. I know those specs are low but I do remember a time with iWeb opened a lot faster, I should also say that it runs okay once opened.. can't pin point when the launching slow down occurred.

I am thinking of transferring the Domain file over to my new MacBook (1GB of RAM, 2 GHz Core 2 Duo, just to see if it runs faster... although this would be a tease as it wouldn't make updating as easy.