iWeb syncing?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Benjer, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Benjer macrumors member

I would like to find a way to publish my iWeb (2.0) site to a folder so that it only publishes and overwrites the pages that have been changed, just as it does when someone might publish to .mac. I add some tags and code (web widgets can't do everything, unfortunately), to my daily updates, while keeping older daily pages in an archive. Right now, I simply keep a "working site" folder that I publish to on my hard drive, add the code to the new or changed pages, move them to a "permanent folder" to have a copy of the site on my computer, then upload to my site via ftp. However, as I get more pages, I know that I may one day mess up with this "manual" sync. I backup regularly, but I would rather have a better system. Any ideas? I've looked at rsync, but that doesn't allow me to edit on my own computer, and I'd like to stay away from messing with terminal too much.

Thanks in advance for your advanced thinking!

2. Giovannino macrumors member

3. Benjer thread starter macrumors member

Thanks...Cyberduck doesn't seem to "sync" quite right for me. I tried Forklift, and that wasn't much help, either. Oh, well, it's just a couple of extra steps.