iWeb templates

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by Soundhound, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Soundhound macrumors 6502a

I'm setting up an iWeb site. The templates all have left/right borders that I can't figure out how to go beyond. Is there a way to do that? It seems like you can male a page longer, but not wider?

thanks!

2. 7on macrumors 601

7on

In the same place you tell it a content height, you can spec a content width in the Inspector Pane.

3. Soundhound thread starter macrumors 6502a

thanks so much!

I've been wondering how to set the height ad well. Is this all done in the inspector somewhere?

4. 7on macrumors 601

7on

Click on the (i) to open Inspector. It "should" be under the page layout or something.

5. Soundhound thread starter macrumors 6502a

got it thanks. Are there standard heights and widths that websites generally adhere to?

6. Mitou macrumors regular

It is probably best to keep your page within the norms but I am no expert about that. I think most people deal well with 900 to 1000 pixels.
    One problem you might experience with iweb it that not all templates can be changed easily. The image that makes up the page background might not work well if you go from 700 to 900 pixels. In that case you can get into it and edit the image in your favorite image editing software and you will be fine. You may also have to edit the top and bottom image.

7. Soundhound thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm sticking to using the blank pages as a starting point, so the template problem shouldn't be too affecting for me. But figuring out the right size of the page is the big trick for me. Want to have as much real estate as I can get, but don't want to make it unweildy or unfriendly when people open it up.