iWeb Tips + Tricks

Macmadant

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 4, 2005
Just started my own web-site made using iweb, i originally began with rapid weaver, but it was to limiting with the blog, but every other feature was great anyway, post your tips for making a site even better in iweb, Btw does anyone know how i put a link in iweb that will add me to someone's ichat buddy list, or to start a conversation with me thanks (my website in my sig)
;)

PDV

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2006
iWeb is worthless.

Macmadant said:
Just started my own web-site made using iweb, i originally began with rapid weaver, but it was to limiting with the blog, but every other feature was great anyway, post your tips for making a site even better in iweb, Btw does anyone know how i put a link in iweb that will add me to someone's ichat buddy list, or to start a conversation with me thanks (my website in my sig)
;)
I went back to RapidWeaver. In my opinion it is far superior.

poppe

macrumors 68020
Apr 29, 2006
Woodland Hills
How do you guys publish your website other than using .Mac and is it possible to publish you iWeb website not using .Mac?

dazboardrider

macrumors member
Aug 1, 2006
How do you guys publish your website other than using .Mac and is it possible to publish you iWeb website not using .Mac?
Yeah,

File> Publish to Folder

Then upload that folder via a FTP client to your web host or server. Easy

HINT: Name your first page "index" in iweb if your going to do this.

Ive done it for my site.

poppe

macrumors 68020
Apr 29, 2006
Woodland Hills
Yeah,

File> Publish to Folder

Then upload that folder via a FTP client to your web host or server. Easy

HINT: Name your first page "index" in iweb if your going to do this.

Ive done it for my site.
Hmm sounds easy enough, but hmm still very new to me. I'll have to see if my ISP gives me any webspace to do that

Agurri

macrumors 6502
May 8, 2005
Québec, Canada
;)
Well, I got the answer for your aim problem

make a link, and, for the url path write :

aim:goimscreenname=yourscreenname&message=themessageyouwanttopost

As an example,

aim:goim?screenname=agguri&message=Hey

Would post to Agguri (which is me) and with the message Hey