iWeb to DW?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by MrM, Dec 30, 2008.

1. MrM macrumors 6502

Novice designer here. I used to be pretty savvy with DW in high school, and I am starting to get back in to it with my spare time. But that was a few years back, and this is now. Anyway, I'm designing a photography/canvas painting website and I have a question. I need to create a "purchasing" page where the user can click on a box and decide which picture they want, the size, etc. I want it then to generate a report that will be emailed to me or sent to me in some fashion or another saying what they want.

That seems a little bit out of iWeb's league. Has anyone had any problems taking a half completed page from iWeb and transferring it over into DW (CS4 or CS3) to create more advanced items within the page? Any advice in general? Thanks in advance for any replies.

-M

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

One of the biggest problems you'll run into, if you want to keep using iWeb after taking it to DW is that you'll have the make the DW changes every time you make a change in iWeb because you can't important into iWeb. It works from the original files it created.

If you're moving away from iWeb, I don't recommend trying to make use of the existing code. I would recommend just starting from scratch and trying to duplicate the design. iWeb creates horrible HTML to work with by hand or in other editors.

3. MrM thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the heads up. Here's the site just in case anyone wanted to give me some criticism. It's no where near completed, just a heads up.

http://burning-photography.uuuq.com/

Anyone else have any thoughts?