iWeb transfer to GoDaddy domain name

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by loisswanson, Oct 3, 2008.

1. loisswanson macrumors newbie

I'm new at web design. I've just completed it on iWeb and now want to upload it to the domain name I've purchased through Go Daddy. With their help I was able to load a page that tells everyone my site is coming.

Now, when they walk me through stuff, it never gets uploaded -- still stays the "site is coming" info. I'd like to have it running tonight as I'm going to show some possible business people the site.

Would it be simpler to go to Go Daddy and automatically have it go to my iWeb site. Can I do this without people browsing the web knowing? How do I accomplish this. I have my e-mail from Go Daddy forwarded to my regular e-mail, so I know some of this is possible.

Or is it just easier to upload to Go Daddy. If so, I must be missing some steps to get rid of the current "site is coming" page and actually have my website visible.

Please HELP.

Many thanks to all,

Lois

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Did you purchase web hosting through Godaddy as well?

3. rpaloalto macrumors 6502a

rpaloalto

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Well iWeb already has a FTP uploader, so there is no need to install another one.

5. rpaloalto macrumors 6502a

rpaloalto

iWeb does not provide a ftp program, for uploading saved iweb folders. To any web hosting service other than to a .mac account or mobile me.

To upload to a actual web site .com or your own personal page, like the ones you usually get free, with at&t or comcast. You must use a third party ftp, or be well versed in terminal.