iWeb uploads entire site everytime I make 1 change... Why?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iBunny, Dec 2, 2009.

1. iBunny macrumors 65816

Apr 15, 2004
    This only started happening recently, ever since I added a personal domain. I still host on mobile me, but I just use godaddy for my domain name.

Does this happen to anyone else? Is there a fix for this? because It takes entirely too long to upload my entire site every single time I make any 1 change.

And yes, for the record I am choosing the option "Publish site changes" NOT "Publish Entire site"

Thanks all :D
  2. nateamus macrumors newbie

Dec 8, 2009
    iweb publishing

it is to my understanding that iweb publishes the entire site when using mac for hosting.

I am publishing a site for a client on centurytel, I uploaded the site via FTP.
    my problem is I want to make changes to individual pieces of the site, like upload and replace images. I found there is something called search and replace clients that use uses html editor to located the section and replace it with your file. I downloaded Webdesigner by rage. I am not sure how to perform the search and replace procedure.

3. Consultant macrumors G5

Jun 27, 2007
    You can publish to a folder, and have a ftp client watch the folder and upload only the changed file.

Or write apple.com/feedback