iWeb vs. FrontPage

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Pathfinder55, Nov 2, 2007.

1. Pathfinder55 macrumors 6502

I was wondering which one everyone thought is better to use, iWeb or Frontpage. Which one is easyier to use. Which one can you do more on. Which one is more efficent. What do you guys think?

2. bigandy macrumors G3

bigandy

iWeb all the way between those two.

While FrontPage allows more control (not that most FrontPage users actually make use of it), it generates ugly inefficient code. It went downhill after Microsoft bought it.

iWeb is easier, produces more professional results, etc etc. :rolleyes:

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Front-page will allow you to create something great if you have the design skills and html experience needed.

iWeb will allow you to create something great if you don't.

Front-page allows more 'freedom' as long as you know what you are doing, if you don't you could end up making something that despite iweb's limitations, looks a damns site worse.

iWeb is cheaper, and comes on your mac as standard, so you can always use it and if you find it not suitable, then get front-page via parallels ( or bootcamp)

iWeb would be my choice.

4. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

... non-standard code.

5. sunfast macrumors 68020

sunfast

iWeb all the way. I don't think FrontPage is too bad but, especially with the features in the latest version, iWeb is the choice.