iWeb window does not appear at all

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by akishimo, Sep 6, 2009.

1. akishimo macrumors newbie

akishimo

My iweb window doesn't appear at all. The application opens, and I can see the Inspector, but the main window is missing. Options such as "New Page" "New Site" are all greyed out.

It happened when just a few minutes ago, I was trying to publish changes in my site. Nothing seemed to be happening so I decided to relaunch the application. Then this happened.

I'm running version 3.0.1, updated some time ago, and I have not updated any other software for quite some time.

Does anyone know what is going on?? I think I will jump off the building if I have to re-install iweb and all my websites are gone.

Running Macbook Pro 10.5.8 Leopard.

2. swimwolfe macrumors newbie

Open iweb but no window & options are grey

I'm having a similar problem. I moved my Domain from my old macbook using iweb08 to my new macbook to use iWeb09. I was able to open the website and work with it, even publish it to my FTP client but then it was giving me trouble saving and closing. I read on this thread:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=274715

that after moving the file it might be locked because of the move so (without closing iweb09) hit command-i on the file and then clicked on the lock button in the lower right corner. I changed the staff and everyone rights to read & write, closed the info window and bam! It appeared to save and I could close iWeb09. Being the paranoid person I am, I tried to reopen the site and to my shock, iWeb opened but no window appeared. I almost cried. Most all of the options are greyed out (New Page, New Site, Save, Close...). When I check the Domain file its still in User/Library/Application Support/iWeb

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

3. unorthodoxjane macrumors newbie

Delete iWeb plist

Same exact thing happened to me!
    This worked for me:

Go into User/Home/Library/Preferences and trash the preference file called

com.apple.iWeb.plist

relaunch iWeb and you should be good to go!

Good new is that you will not lost any data doing this!