Iweb wont publish to mobile.me

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by chrisandersen, Nov 1, 2008.

1. chrisandersen macrumors 6502

chrisandersen

I'm new at this, so bare with me. I made a simple one page site and it published it fine. Then today, I start adding pages, changing names of pages, etc. and I can't get it to publish. Here is what happens

I hit publish all, and it logs in and says creating pages, then the message bar just goes away. No confirmation, no error. All of the page icons are blue. I change a page, goes red, but do not have the option of publishing again. Have to close iweb and restart. Then have publishing options available.

It does publish to a file successfully.

When you go to view the site, it still has an old "home" page that I have deleted from the site. It no longer exists, so I am thinking the files are not getting written correctly at mobile.me. Thoughts?

2. Mitou macrumors regular

I am not sure I want to "bare" with you but bearing with you I'll try to help. Sorry I could not resist!
    Have cleared the cache on your browser? I have the feeling that it is just loading an old page. clear the cache and look at your site again. If it has not published post again and we'll try something else.

3. chrisandersen thread starter macrumors 6502

chrisandersen

I "bearly" got the post finished when I realized what was going on. I had posted so much that it was still uploading the files. There is a little clock looking icon next to the home page that sorta spins when it is not ready.

4. questmcoupe macrumors member

Kind off topic but related to iWeb, I'm building a small site also and I'm almost done, will I need a MobileMe account to publish the website? Even if I have my own domain/server?

5. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

No you don't need MobileMe, iWeb can publish to a folder. You can then upload that folder to your server. There's a number of tutorials and thread out there for help on this.

6. questmcoupe macrumors member