iWeb wont start after trying to open HTML file.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Paulos, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Paulos macrumors newbie

Hello,

I tried to open a HTML file in iWeb not thinking it wouldnt open it. It said no it couldnt do it then closed. However everytime i open iWeb it now
    says the same thing.

"The Document "index.html" could not be opened" (With the iWeb icon and a big yellow "!" triangle.)

Then i get a second box just the iWeb logo now

"Can't open file "~/desktop/index.html."

Then closes its self. Ive done two reboots. Deleted the file and still the same thing happens. Ive opened the package but cant see any preferences or anyhting to delete. Though i have deleted the iLife preferences form a folder. If i run iweb from the package contents i get a terminal window and it says...

Last login: Thu Jan 31 13:56:41 on ttys001
    /Applications/iWeb.app/Contents/MacOS/iWeb ; exit;
    paulo-de-souzas-macbook-pro-15:~ paulo$ /Applications/iWeb.app/Contents/MacOS/iWeb ; exit;
    objc[233]: Class IWFloatingCheckBox is implemented in both /Applications/iWeb.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/iWidgets.framework/Versions/A/iWidgets and /Applications/iWeb.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/SFControls.framework/SFControls. Using implementation from /Applications/iWeb.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/SFControls.framework/SFControls.
    objc[233]: Class IWFloatingCheckBoxCell is implemented in both /Applications/iWeb.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/iWidgets.framework/Versions/A/iWidgets and /Applications/iWeb.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/SFControls.framework/SFControls. Using implementation from /Applications/iWeb.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/SFControls.framework/SFControls.
    objc[233]: Class IWFloatingPopUpButton is implemented in both /Applications/iWeb.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/iWidgets.framework/Versions/A/iWidgets and /Applications/iWeb.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/SFControls.framework/SFControls. Using implementation from /Applications/iWeb.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/SFControls.framework/SFControls.
    objc[233]: Class IWFloatingPopUpButtonCell is implemented in both /Applications/iWeb.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/iWidgets.framework/Versions/A/iWidgets and /Applications/iWeb.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/SFControls.framework/SFControls. Using implementation from /Applications/iWeb.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/SFControls.framework/SFControls.
    objc[233]: Class IWFloatingButton is implemented in both /Applications/iWeb.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/iWidgets.framework/Versions/A/iWidgets and /Applications/iWeb.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/SFControls.framework/SFControls. Using implementation from /Applications/iWeb.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/SFControls.framework/SFControls.
    2008-01-31 14:00:55.964 iWeb[233:10b] Failed to open document, but no unrecoverable error
    logout

2. mattejacob macrumors newbie

iweb not opening solution

here's the solution to iweb not opening as a result of trying to open a html file.
    navigate to home folder, Library/Prefrences/com.apple.iweb.plist
    open it with textedit or property list editor if your running leaopard, scroll to the bottom and you'll see <string> that has the most recent file that caused the crash, delete the whole line <string> and all. save and you should be in business. i had the same problem and it took me a while to find it, did some digging but it fixed it.

if your using property list editor click the arrow beside root and look for the string files and when yo find the right one you can select the whole line and hit delete.

3. Schrockinator macrumors newbie

Schrockinator

Solved for me!

Awesome! Thanks so much! That did the trick for me!