Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nofd1236

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 5, 2011
Ok,

Need help ASAP please. I have multiple pages setup with thumbnail images on it.. I also have separate pages that need to be linked together. Therefore u click the thumbnail and it opens up a separate page with its own info on it... I know how to open inspector and the linking tool but how do I set it to link to internal page like that without having it automatic add a link on my nav bar at top of page... it just needs to be like a hidden sub page....??????

vanvalkinburgh

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2011
Create a new page, and then show click the inspector on the new page, and uncheck "Include page in navigation menu".

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-04-13 at 7.21.16 PM.png
    Screen shot 2011-04-13 at 7.21.16 PM.png
    25.4 KB · Views: 113

nofd1236

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 5, 2011
Do u know of their is a way to password protect one single webpage on the site... not the entire site?;

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
Do u know of their is a way to password protect one single webpage on the site... not the entire site?;
iWeb doesn't support this, since there's no easy way to implement it in a way that doesn't depend on your web host. If your web host supports this, then you need to do it through their interface.

nofd1236

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 5, 2011
Reason I ask is bc this us a fire dept website.. instead of havin seperate intranet I would like to be able to have a limited access page for internal postings info schedules etc any advice...???

3soteric

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2010
in a pineapple, under the sea
if you r host uses Kloxo or Cpanel you can create a new folder for example:

"www.fireman.co.uk/private/"

or a new sub domain like:

"private.fireman.co.uk"

Then in cpanel/kloxo generate a user and password for each person who needs to access the site.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.