iWeb

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by nofd1236, Apr 13, 2011.

1. nofd1236 macrumors newbie

Ok,

Need help ASAP please. I have multiple pages setup with thumbnail images on it.. I also have separate pages that need to be linked together. Therefore u click the thumbnail and it opens up a separate page with its own info on it... I know how to open inspector and the linking tool but how do I set it to link to internal page like that without having it automatic add a link on my nav bar at top of page... it just needs to be like a hidden sub page....??????

2. vanvalkinburgh macrumors newbie

Create a new page, and then show click the inspector on the new page, and uncheck "Include page in navigation menu".

Attached Files:

3. nofd1236 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. nofd1236 thread starter macrumors newbie

Do u know of their is a way to password protect one single webpage on the site... not the entire site?;

5. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

iWeb doesn't support this, since there's no easy way to implement it in a way that doesn't depend on your web host. If your web host supports this, then you need to do it through their interface.

6. nofd1236 thread starter macrumors newbie

Reason I ask is bc this us a fire dept website.. instead of havin seperate intranet I would like to be able to have a limited access page for internal postings info schedules etc any advice...???

7. 3soteric macrumors member

3soteric

if you r host uses Kloxo or Cpanel you can create a new folder for example:

"www.fireman.co.uk/private/"

or a new sub domain like:

"private.fireman.co.uk"

Then in cpanel/kloxo generate a user and password for each person who needs to access the site.