Iweb

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by flojo100, Feb 27, 2012.

1. flojo100, Feb 27, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2012

flojo100 macrumors newbie

Help....I have just upgraded to a Mac book Pro and now have Lion. Being a complete technophobe I have bought the dummies guide to Lion OS X so that I can try to learn how to use this machine and maximise its potential properly....Flicking through the book I have come across iWeb....I currently have a website which is free until July so I'm interested in finding out how much it will cost me to switch over to iWeb and the monthly/ yearly running costs...I have seen the demo on how to set up a website and that is simple enough...but I cant see anything that tells me about running costs...can someone steer me in the right direction (I'm in the U.K. so need it in pounds and pence rather than dollars)

thank you in anticipation
    :confused:

2. Cmd-the-World macrumors regular

iWeb was a program that Apple used to offer as part of the iLife suite. It was a basic and easy to use website creator. It did not offer any web hosting plans it was just a website creator. However since launching the Mac App Store iWeb has never been offered through it. I think the idea behind it since Apple has killed off Mobile Me and any web hosting facilities, Apple felt that there was no need to offer its own website creator.