Iweb

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ~Robyn~, May 29, 2008.

1. ~Robyn~ macrumors newbie

Hi

I am new to the world of Mac's so i am still trying to learn all this mac stuff.

I have a free blog from blogger but i have got iweb on my new iMac and noticed it has a blog on it that i can type etc on it.

I have tried to type one up and add pictures but then when i hit publish it tell's me my .mac is about to expire (i bought this computer nearly 2 months ago) do i need .mac for iweb? if so why do i have iweb on the computer? Im lost if they are putting a program on my computer and for me to use it why do i have to pay yet more money to use it?

Im lost can someone explain it to me?

again im still trying to learn this whole Mac thing hopefully you can understand my post.

Cheers

Robyn

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

No you do not need to have .Mac to take advantage of iWeb. However, the whole Mac experience is really pushed towards .mac. You get a free 90-day trial of .mac and the purpose (in my opinion) is to lure you into their system and get very comfortable with the ease of integration and then freak when the trial is about to expire. In the long run you wind up paying. :)

However, you could use iWeb and publish to folder and then use an FTP program to upload to your Site but you lose that functionality to edit via iWeb and just hit publish. I have .mac and I'm not renewing next year as I don't seem to take advantage of 90% of the features.

3. ~Robyn~ thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for replying Jessica

What is a FTP program (yes im new at all this) any help much appreciated :)...

Cheers
    Robyn