iWeb09 Glitch?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ursursurs, Oct 14, 2010.

  1. ursursurs macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2010
    #1
    I just published my website with iweb 09. I have used iweb 08 successfully for a few years on various sites for small businesses, to help out friends etc. I've had great luck and gotten to number 1 on google for different things.

    I currently have 2 sites I made in iweb 09 which are both up. After I put the second one up, all of the links for the homepage in the second site link to the homepage in the first site.

    I've checked and rechecked it. This is not a mistake I am making in my linking.
    I've tried repeatedly to have the word "home" link to my homepage in site 2
    and instead it links to the "welcome" page on site 1. I've even tried troubleshooting it by linking to other pages in my site 2, and no matter what, the word home links to my site 1 welcome page even if it displays correctly in the inspector hyperlink editor.

    It's very weird and I can't figure it out. has any one else had this problem?
    Other than delete site 1 to prevent site2 from linking to it, is there anything I can do?

    Thanks!:confused:
     
  2. Dana Beck macrumors member

    Dana Beck

    Joined:
    Jun 13, 2010
    Location:
    Blackwell, OK
    #2
    Root folder

    I don't use iWeb, but I do know that in Dreamweaver, which I do use, you need to make sure that you have a root folder in your Sites folder for each web (in Finder). Sounds as though you might have the two sites' pages amassed under one root folder?...which would cause the problem you're having.

    Other suggestion is to check to make sure that your links to each of your site-specific "index.htm" pages is a "relative path" link rather than a "root level" link.

    Might want to file this under the category of "you probably already know this..." :eek:
     
  3. ursursurs thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2010
    #3
    Thanks so much for your reply!
    I checked what you mentioned, then I realized that iweb recognizes a text link in two ways, the words themselves and the box that holds them.

    apparently if they are set to two different links the link set for the actual highlighted letters override the text box link.

    When i kept checking and rechecking I was only checking the text boxes and not the letters themselves!

    Once I fixed this problem, the "glitch" went away!:cool:
     
  4. Dana Beck macrumors member

    Dana Beck

    Joined:
    Jun 13, 2010
    Location:
    Blackwell, OK
    #4
    Super...I did not know this about iWeb. Glad you got it sorted out. This kind of glitch can be extremely frustrating!
     

Share This Page