iWood 4, by Miniot

srl7741

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 19, 2008
GMT-6
I received an email form Miniot a short time ago. Seems they are ready for orders. I've never owned one before but they look pretty neat.

Made in Holland
Every iWood 4 is carved with great precision and care from a single block of selected woods.
Because of this, and because no two pieces of wood are alike, each iWood4 is unique.
We use the finest wood species we can find, obtained from well-managed forests, and FSC-certified supply.
All iWood 4's are created in our ateliers in Schagen, the Netherlands.

A true enhancement to your iPhone 4
The iPhone 4's aesthetics inspired us to create the all new iWood 4. Its contours provide a much better grip and comfortable handling.
On top of that, wood is completely transparent to any type of radiation, and insensitive to static, guaranteeing optimal performance of your iPhone 4.
Thanks to the inner construction, the iWood 4 fits like a glove, with the iPhone 4 push buttons recreated in wood, and all ports easily accessible.

Make it yours for free
To make your iWood 4 even more personal, we'll engrave your message, monogram, art or logo for free for a limited time.

Pricing and availability
The iWood 4 is available to order at http://www.miniot.com.
We ship worlwide priority mail or FedEx overnight.
Deliveries start at august 30.

zornet

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2010
SoCal
Not cheep by any means, but truly beautiful craftsmanship. Tempting indeed :rolleyes:.

zornet :) :apple:

Comment

tzag

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2010
People don't want wooden cases....we want replacement wooden back :(

Meh, this won't sell.

Comment

hlkc

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2008
Agreed. Plus, I think the Grove cases look 10x better for less money.
No offense and just wondering why you think Grove is 10X better?

I'm going to get one of the wood case but I have a hard time to pick, both looks pretty good to me.

Thanks.

Comment

Brother Esau

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2010
If they made offerings in Brazilian Kingwood , Cocobola ,Macasar Ebony etc I would certainly opt for one

Comment

srl7741

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 19, 2008
GMT-6
No question they are pricy but I do like the idea of this type of case. It just looks neat and the added choices of wood type make it even better.

If your a person who likes custom wood work this should be right up your alley. It shouldn't interfere with the antenna either. :)

Comment

Lunarnova

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2010
Comment

srl7741

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 19, 2008
GMT-6
Comment

OC513

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2007
NYC
One of my good friends has this case on his original iPhone, he even had them carve the Apple logo into the back. Sweet case, he has had it for years and it gets better looking with age. He has dropped it numerous times with no damage to the phone and only slight nicks in the case which actually look good as they age.

Comment

NeuralControl

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2009
Those cases are beautiful. I really like how they look. However, I would never pay so much money for a case.

Comment

Pagga

macrumors 6502
Miniots iWood is an excellent choice. I had their old 3gs skin, and the quality and detail was most impressive. I´ve allready ordered one for my iPhone 4 - and would never consider anything else when it comes to wood (tried one or two others that was poorly crafted). Miniot delivers in every sense of the word.

It´s almost funny reading how "they´re too expensive" is written in a manner as to apply for eveyone. It´s partly a question of preferance, partly of means. But also definately a question of priorities.

P

Comment

srl7741

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 19, 2008
GMT-6
I finally got off the fence and decided on the Grove Bamboo case instead. It's a little less $ and I like the dark bezel and open buttons a little better.

Comment

Jackson743

macrumors member
Aug 4, 2010
I read in a Grove thread there was a loss in reception with that case. I like the idea of a quality wood case, but I completely surprised a wood case would degrade the signal.

Anyone that has a Grove or any other wood case experience a loss in reception?

Comment

zornet

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2010
SoCal
I received my Miniot iWood4 Case yesterday, and slipped it on this morning. I say slipped it on as this case as advertised fits like a glove. What a highly crafted case, my photos do not do it justice. I must add these folks were a pleasure to do business with :).

- Click Images to view LARGE -

Comment

ajohnson253

macrumors 68000
Jun 16, 2008
I received my Miniot iWood4 Case yesterday, and slipped it on this morning. I say slipped it on as this case as advertised fits like a glove. What a highly crafted case, my photos do not do it justice. I must add these folks were a pleasure to do business with :).

- Click Images to view LARGE -

Thanks for posting this, I'm going to put an order in sometime this week.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.