iWork '06 vs '08

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mrkramer, Aug 11, 2007.

1. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

If I already have iWork '06, the only program in it that I get a lot of use out of is keynote, have there been enough changes that it is worth upgrading? or is there a trial download somewhere so I can try it and find out for myself.

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Here is the trial :)

Instant alpha is awesome and there are numerous other new things...

3. mrkramer thread starter macrumors 603

mrkramer

4. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

I've just started playing with Keynote 4.0 myself. The Alpha channel tool is awesome. Lots of new templates, too.

5. davidg4781 macrumors 68000

Do you get to keep the old templates when upgrading?

I haven't really used iWork '06, mainly because I accidently activated the trial when I bought my MacBook and forgot I had done that, but I'd like to have as many templates as I can, well, if I need them. In using iWork '08, I'm thinking I'm going to use it more when I need to, rather than Office.

6. PeggyD macrumors 6502a

All of the templates from Pages 2 are installed with iWork '08 except the journal templates. I opened the Pages 2 package (Control- or right-click on the application icon & choose show package contents from the contextual menu) & found the templates in Content > Resources > English > Templates & then copied the Journals folder to HD > Users > [my account] > Library > Application Support > iWork > Pages > Templates > My Templates & they now show up under My Templates in the Template Chooser.