Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
If I already have iWork '06, the only program in it that I get a lot of use out of is keynote, have there been enough changes that it is worth upgrading? or is there a trial download somewhere so I can try it and find out for myself.

davidg4781

macrumors 68030
Oct 28, 2006
Alice, TX
Do you get to keep the old templates when upgrading?

I haven't really used iWork '06, mainly because I accidently activated the trial when I bought my MacBook and forgot I had done that, but I'd like to have as many templates as I can, well, if I need them. In using iWork '08, I'm thinking I'm going to use it more when I need to, rather than Office.

PeggyD

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2007
Covington, WA, USA
Do you get to keep the old templates when upgrading?

I haven't really used iWork '06, mainly because I accidently activated the trial when I bought my MacBook and forgot I had done that, but I'd like to have as many templates as I can, well, if I need them. In using iWork '08, I'm thinking I'm going to use it more when I need to, rather than Office.

All of the templates from Pages 2 are installed with iWork '08 except the journal templates. I opened the Pages 2 package (Control- or right-click on the application icon & choose show package contents from the contextual menu) & found the templates in Content > Resources > English > Templates & then copied the Journals folder to HD > Users > [my account] > Library > Application Support > iWork > Pages > Templates > My Templates & they now show up under My Templates in the Template Chooser.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.