iWork 08 30 Day Trial

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Mash2K7, Nov 4, 2007.

1. Mash2K7 macrumors newbie

I'm hoping to switch over to mac next week by purchasing the new Macbooks.

With the Macbook comes iWork 08 30 day trial. I fim right this includes pages and numbers = apples versions of Word and excel. so after 30 days if i do not purchase iwork 08, does that mean i will be out a word processor? as Pages is on iwork 08?

2. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Yes.

You will still have the basic TextEdit application, but you would have to purchase and install some form of word processor and/or spreadsheet, like iWork or NeoOffice or OpenOffice or MS Office.

If you are doing any real work in the trial period, make sure to save the files out to a common file format that can be opened by other applications.

3. Mash2K7 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for that, very helpful.

If i were to buy iwork06 which is used i.e from ebay etc will i be able to install that? or would i need an activation code etc?

4. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Sure, but you have to remember to save Documents in iWork '06 format.

TBH I 'm pretty sure Office (and possibly iWork) can be used to view documents after the 30 day trial has run out.

5. BBC B 32k macrumors 6502

Text edit is pretty powerful as long as you are not writing up your thesis or anything like that. It even handles HTML code. Opens .doc files as well as many others. The most under rated app. on your Mac.

Google docs offer a spreadsheet that works online and you can access your data form any computer with a web browser at any time. Also offers a word processor with the same functionality.

If going the eBay route you may as well bid on iLife 08 as the prices are not that different. Ask here on the market place. Most will be happy to help out. Bound to be someone here who has upgraded iLife and can give you their code.

Failing that pen and paper works even in a power cut.

Welcome to the revolution.