iWork '08 correction of last typo shortcut

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Bwd, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Bwd macrumors newbie

Hi. I am a reasonably new mac user and new to these forums. I have just bought iwork 08 and love it, but have found one issue when using it in comparison to word on my old pc. I always used the shortcut of alt+f7 on a pc in order to go back to the last typo and open the box which suggests alternatives and then used the arrow keys and enter to correct the spelling. While typing, I found this a lot easier then using the mouse to right click on the typo. Is there any similar shortcut for iwork 08 as I am struggling to find one. Thanks.

2. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Not sure if this will help, but the spelling dialog box can be invoked with the keyboard shortcut of cmd-shift-colon. Also, keys can be programmed for all applications in the Keyboard & Mouse system preference. You might be able to create shortcut you like there.

3. Bwd thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your reply, but what I am after is something that opens up the drop down which would appear if you were to right click on the typo word in the document. Using the dialogue box still requires using the mouse to click on the correct word. If I'm typing I like to stay on the keyboard as much as possible without having to go to the mouse all the time. Also, as far as I can see, there is no menu item that controls this and so I don't think that I am able to create a shortcut through the keyboard and mouse preferences.
    Cheers.

4. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

I don't use Word so I wasn't sure if this tip would help, but I thought I'd take a stab at it.

5. Bwd thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your help anyway, I'm really just starting up using these forums.

6. Bwd thread starter macrumors newbie

Still trying to work out if there is a solution... Does anyone else have any ideas please?