iWork´08 crashes in Leopard

Remixen

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2007
Norway, Ålesund
I got a big problem with iWork´08 in Leopard.

All of the iWork programs crashes every time I try to open it.

I have tried a reinstall but no go.

Application Specific Information:
*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInternalInconsistencyException', reason: 'Invalid parameter not satisfying: (index >= 0) && (index < (_itemArray ? CFArrayGetCount((CFArrayRef)_itemArray) : 0))'

Anyone? Need a fast answer please ;P

kkurilj

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2007
Sorry for my bad english!

I have same problem yesterday whit iLife and iWork. So I make clean install of Leopard and iWork (do not run any of programs before update). After that all of the iLife and iWork programs run without errors.

tonyinosaka

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2007
Osaka
iwork dead after leopard

I also am unable to open iWork apps after Leopard install. I re-installed iWork after dumping the apps and all associated files (prefs, app support, etc.). Still no good. It looks as if a re-install of Leopard may be necessary, looking at kkurilj's post, and I'll try that on the weekend when I have time.

BTW, I CAN run the iWork apps in different user accounts, just not mine. Maybe that will help in the meantime.

Glad I have no Keynote presentations scheduled anytime soon.

Noted on MacFixit that many people were having the same problem with iLife apps.

*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInternalInconsistencyException', reason: 'Invalid parameter not satisfying: (index >= 0) && (index < (_itemArray ? CFArrayGetCount((CFArrayRef)_itemArray) : 0))'

tonyinosaka

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2007
Osaka
no iwork in leopard

Hey - is it a coincidence that all three of us are probably running systems with lots of non-English on it? Maybe that's a clue to the problem.

quovadis

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2006
in PA
can confirm that with a erase+install I have no problems with the three iwork apps (English)

tonyinosaka

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2007
Osaka
iwork and leopard

Well seeing as he erased his hard drive he couldn't very well install iWork '08 before he installed Leopard could he?
Ah, yes, well, thank you.

The question would be whether a fresh install of iWork was installed on the fresh install of Leopard, or if the apps from his old user account were transferred over to the fresh Leopard install from a backup using Migration Assistant. That is, to be clear, whether a fresh INSTALL of iWork was done, or whether the old iWork install was usable. Hope that's clearer for you.

tonyinosaka

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2007
Osaka
no iwork in leopard

can confirm that with a erase+install I have no problems with the three iwork apps (English)
I give up. Each subsequent erase and install of leopard (followed by moving old files and apps using Migration Assistant) created more problems - no iWork, no Address Book, no mounting of iDisk...back to Tiger for now...and a consistent hierarchical opening Dock.

kbriggs

macrumors newbie
Dec 10, 2007
iWork Crashes

I have been encountering the same exact problem. Are there any solutions not requiring a clean reinstall.

Thanks!