iWork '08 in Leopard doesn't work

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by windowsymac, Oct 28, 2008.

1. windowsymac macrumors newbie

Unfortunately iWork '08 doesn't work on my Leopard machine (it has only 512 MB of RAM, maybe that's the problem). When I click Pages (or Numbers), it just shows me a few blank pages like shown in the thumbnails. Also, I cannnot close a window, as you can see by the pressed "X" button. However, microsoft office word and excel work just fine. Any ideas on how to solve this problem?

Attached Files:

2. Gray-Wolf macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

Early guess, is delete the app and reinstall it. Either way, more mem is a must. 1gb or more these days.

3. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Do you get the same results in Pages, Keynote and Numbers?

4. windowsymac thread starter macrumors newbie

Now that you've mentioned it, I tried Keynote (which I do not use) and it doesn't even load. I see the menus, but no windows and the spinning beach ball. With Numbers, it's about the same as Pages.

5. windowsymac thread starter macrumors newbie

However, I have also noticed that even running mail, safari, word, excel, ical, preview, etc, etc, all at once, everything works fine. However, when I try to run one iWork program, the computer just stalls.

6. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

For possible reference, my iWork apps use about 170 MB (all launched simultaneously, along with Activity Monitor, Entourage, Mail, and Safari).

So I guess it depends on what else is chewing up available resources. I'd try a reinstall, and make sure you leave them in /Applications, otherwise updates are a PITA. Also, RAM is too cheap not to upgrade.

Attached Files:

7. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

This is an odd problem. A reinstall of iWork might be needed and might do the trick, but before I did that I would try creating a new user account and see if the problem persists in that new account. If it doesn't, then you can probably fix it by throwing out the application preferences and/or application support files.

8. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

I doubt memory is the problem. My son has a Core Solo mini with 512 MB and it runs iWork 08/Leopard just fine.