iWork 08 Keynote Exporting Issues

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by blurb23, May 2, 2008.

1. blurb23 macrumors 6502a

I've made myself a presentation in Keynote '08, and I'm having some trouble exporting it to .ppt.

I need to export it to PowerPoint as it's for school and our school only has PCs with PowerPoint on them.

The export goes fine, but at the end an error pops up saying that some items went wrong in the exporting. Namely, my animations and transitions didn't make the switch to .ppt.

Is there anyway for me to get them through? I'd really like to have those preserved.

If there isn't, do you suggest any other alternatives so that my Keynote presentation is able to be viewed on my school PCs? I know of the open source alternatives (NeoOffice, etc) and MS Office for Macs, but I really like the effects and such that are available in Keynote.

2. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

You could always export it as a Quicktime movie. That would preserve the transitions and animations. As to why it didn't work with PPT, it's probably because you chose transitions that are not available in PPT. Is this true?

3. Gentile macrumors regular

Gentile

I think that is right. The cool transitions and animations in Keynote are not available in PowerPoint.

I would also export into a Movie or bring in your mac and hook it up to a projector (if allowed).

4. blurb23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Haha, exactly.

I also have MS Office 2008. Is there any expansion packs or anything that would allow me to add in some of the transitions from Keynote, or at least something similar?