Iwork 08 question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by techguy40, Mar 21, 2008.

1. techguy40 macrumors regular

If you have Iwork 08 is it an overkill to get Microsoft Office 08 also for the mac?

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I have iWork '08, Office 2004, and Office 2008. :rolleyes:

3. paleck macrumors 6502a

paleck

It all boils down to personal preference and what you need. For me I use iWork '08 and OpenOffice for the stuff the iWork doesn't handle or doesn't do well(IE manipulating and exporting CSV files a particular way)

4. nparmelee macrumors 6502

I have iWork, NeoOffice and Office 2008 for a few things. I use iWork and NeoOffice the most.

5. Bern macrumors 68000

Bern

Since getting iWork I have never had the need for MS Office so it's not installed on my Mac.

6. northy124 macrumors 68020

northy124

Thats An Over Kill LoL

I Have iWork 08 And Office 08 iWork For Keynote And Numbers, Office 08 For Word, Pages Does Not Like Me Very Much LoL

7. Island Dog macrumors 6502a

Island Dog

I use NeoOffice, but after using the trial for iWork, I will most likely purchase it in the near future.

8. macsrules macrumors regular

It depends on how much you plan on doing with it. I talked my dad into buying a Mac Mini Intel (man was that a task) anyway, the only thing he does is write papers. Most of his documents that we transitioned over from his PC where in an extremely old application format called word perfect.

Neo Office is what I put on his machine since it will open the WP file formats and pretty much every other format you throw at it including the kitchen sink,

If you plan on writing a lot, MS would probably be better than pages. If you just need something to open a once and a while word document that you get off the web or a friend sends you. You can save the money and use Neo Office for Cha Ching FREE! NADA! ZIPO!:)

This comment has been brought to you by the one and only
    MacsRules