iWork 08 - text colour is default white and I can't change it!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Andy348, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Andy348 macrumors 6502

I've had iWork 08 for quite awhile and never had a problem until now. In Pages, anything I type is always white. When I highlight it I can see what I wrote but if I don't highlight it, I can't see it. If I change the colors, no matter what I choose, it'll either stay white or go blue, purple or pink. Can anyone help?

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Is this for existing documents you're opening up again or new documents too? Have you tested in another user account to see if its possibly a preferences issue? Do you have 10.6? If yes to the last, so make sure your iWork apps are fully updated. If you moved your iWork applications to somewhere outside /Applications/iWork '08, you need to put them back in there before they can be updated. Latest version of Pages '08 should be 3.0.3.

3. PeggyD macrumors 6502a

Since this is something new, the first thing to try is deleting the com.apple.iwork.pages.plist found in HD > Users > (your account) > Library > Preferences.

If you recently upgraded to Snow Leopard, two things you may not have done.

First, use the Mac OS 10.6.2 combo update. This fixes a problem with the Hoefler Text font that is not fixed using the delta update (10.6.1 > 10.6.2).

Second, make sure your iWork applications are updated. For iWork '08 that is Pages 3.0.3 & Numbers 1.0.3. If you're not running the latest versions & Software Update says your software is up to date, make sure the applications are where the installer initially put them. The updaters are very picky. If the location is not where the updater is programmed to look or if the folder doesn't have the name the updater looks for, it will not work. The applications cannot be renamed or moved. They must be in the iWork '08 folder in Applications. That iWork folder must be named iWork '08. If it doesn't have the '08 Software Update won't find them & the updaters won't work.

4. Andy348 thread starter macrumors 6502

I moved the folder around so I put it back and it worked.

Thanks!