iWork '08 vs. iWork '09

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by zeeannie, Oct 7, 2009.

1. zeeannie macrumors newbie

I'm a new Mac user and am one of those who regrets not getting iWork. I used the trial version of iWork '09 and think it's great. I don't know how it compares to '08, however. What might I miss if I buy the '08 version instead of '09? I would use Pages mostly; school papers for my daughter, invitations, signs (posters), etc., just home stuff, not business.

2. Galley macrumors 65816

Galley

The jump from '08 to '09 honestly isn't that big. If you're interested, I have the Family Pack of iWork '08. $30 shipped to anyone who wants it.

3. ndstrenge macrumors regular

The difference isn't huge, but Keynote '08 publishes to flash. i guess they took it out of '09 because people had problems.

I design e-learning modules and that flash export was sweet for my needs.

I own both versions and aside from the lack of flash export, I like '09 better.

If you use Keynote, check out Jumsoft. (I know you don't need it for business, but anyway...)

If your daughter needs a word processor for school papers, like long ones that involve research notes, check out Ulysses. For writing needs, it buries pages & word.

4. Ashka macrumors 6502a

Ashka

iWork is great for Home stuff..

Numbers went from version 1 to 2 and there were many changes between the two including the ability to freeze titles.
    There were plenty of changes in Pages and Keynote too. Plus iWork.com.

iWork '08 has been out since Sept '07 so is over 2 years old
    iWork '09 has been out since Jan '09
    iWork'10 only Apple knows.