iWork 08?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Mad Mac Maniac, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    I am soon to make the anticipated leap, the point of no return, to the Mac. I will be purchasing a macbook as soon as I return to the states. (I am studying abroad this semester)

I know Apple has recently introduced iWork 08. I was wondering a couple of things. First of all how does this compare to Word, in your experiences. Also, would it be something that I would need to purchase seperately or would it possibly come with leopard or (I hope it comes out in Nov. or early Dec) the new macbooks.

Thank you mac gurus!!

2. Mac In School macrumors 65816

It all depends on what you're going to use it for.

I like Pages much better than Word and Keynote much better than Powerpoint.

Numbers is lacking in advanced features and working with databases, but still very cool for basic spreadsheets.

3. skinnylegs macrumors 65816

skinnylegs

iWork doesn't come bundled with OS X. It never has and probably never will. You *will* get a "test drive" which allows you to check it out for free.

Pages is a fairly robust app. I use it frequently for fliers and/or newsletters.In terms of word processing, I think you would be better off going with Word for Mac or the free alternatives like Neo Office or Open Office. Mind you, Pages will get the job done but you may need to import a few additional fonts and when you use it to open Word documents you may have to do some reformatting.

4. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

You should read some of the many, previous threads on this subject, as it has been discussed frequently in and detail. Search for threads with iWork or Pages in the title.

5. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

i personally like it, and it works great for me

6. dextertangocci macrumors 68000

Pages and Keynote are so much better than Word and Powerpoint. They are Faster too.

:)