iWork '09 and the new Macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Russlush3, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Russlush3 macrumors member

Hello all,

I'm strongly considering getting the new Macbook though I largely need it for work while traveling and all my important documents are iWork '09. The tragedy that has been the iWork suite "update" makes the newer versions completely unusable for me. I originally purchased the CD, so moved the .pkg file to a thumb drive, install on Mavericks, do the 9.3 update and all is good. After installing on my home laptop (with Mavericks), I updated to Yosemite and it still works, but on my work computer I tried installing on Yosemite and it never worked, bumped it down to Mavericks and viola, works. Considering the new Mackbook ships with Yosemite, I have a couple options and questions:

1) Is it possible to install Mavericks on the new Macbook?
    2) Has anyone been able to install iWork '09 on Yosemite (i.e. not upgrading from Mavericks)?
    3) Has anyone checked the compatibility of iWork '09 on El Capitan? Either installing directly or updating from Yosemite?

Thanks much,

2. brand macrumors 601

brand

No it is not possible to install Mavericks on the MacBook 8,1.

3. surroundfan macrumors 6502

iWork '09 will install but it should also be registered against your App Store account - easier to just download the latest and greatest from there...