iWork 09 CD scratched

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by chenks, Jul 18, 2012.

1. chenks, Jul 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2012

chenks macrumors 6502a

chenks

My iWork 09 CD is scratched and it now won't install from it. (I got it long before it was on the MAS).

I have a backup image of my HDD, can I just copy the app from the Applications folder and paste it on to the new HDD? Or is iWork one of the apps that installs stuff in various other places and needs to be installed using the installer?

2. RedCroissant Suspended

You should be able to install the backup image no problem, but if not, try calling AppleCare. It's always worth a try since you own the discs(just like I do).

3. chenks thread starter macrumors 6502a

chenks

i didn't mean restore everything from my backup image, i meant just mount the image and copy and paste (or drag) the pages.app file from the image to the new installation.

4. RedCroissant Suspended

I knew what you meant, I just didn't come across like I did. I think you should be able to do that, but if not, since you own the actual discs and have a license already, maybe there is something that AppleCare could do if the copy and paste doesn't work.

5. Fishrrman macrumors G3

Although I've never needed to try it myself, I have heard that you can remove scratches on CD's with toothpaste.

Rub it on and polish with a rag....

Something like NOVUS plastic polish from an auto parts store might work, too.

6. chenks thread starter macrumors 6502a

chenks

tried dragging and dropping the apps from my backup image and it didn't work.
    looks like i'll need to try and repair the CD and get a replacement.