iWork 09 install - asks for serial?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by chili195, Nov 30, 2009.

1. chili195 macrumors newbie

Hi all. I purchased iWork 09 Retail Box from the Apple Store on Black Friday. It arrived today (excellent speed from the Store!) but it keeps prompting me for a serial number so that I can use it. I previously had the trial installed which has since expired a few days ago (although I could still use it for some reason) so I thought it may be something to do with that. I then uninstalled all three and re-installed but it still asks me for a serial number and doesn't seem to give me another other choice other than back out and not enter the program. I've tried to Google the problem and all I get are dodgy sites trying to tell me the serial and others saying that the serial system has been removed from iWork retail boxes.

Any help? :confused:

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Try using AppZapper to remove it and then reinstall. I assume it's something hidden in the library.

3. chili195 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for your reply. I have AppTrap installed and it moved its related system files to the Trash as well when I uninstalled. I'll try again with AppZapper.

4. chili195 thread starter macrumors newbie

5. PeggyD macrumors 6502a

Delete the iWork ’09 folder from HD > Applications & then the iWork ’09 folder in HD > Library > Application Support & then reinstall from the DVD.

6. chili195 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Peggy, this appears to have worked!!

Cheers :D

7. iChanged macrumors member

iChanged

That probably means AppTrap is BS.
    I've had similar issues in the past.