iWork 09 Look

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by macrem, Sep 23, 2009.

1. macrem macrumors 65816

macrem

I recently started using iWork 09 & love the apps, but not the look. The grey toolbar buttons are inconsistent with other OS X UI elements & too bland IMO.

Here you can compare Pages, TextEdit & OpenOffice:

[​IMG]

My vote goes for the Aqua buttons in TextEdit, OpenOffice and most other OS X apps...

Opinions?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

In my opinion, iWork does a worse job with more hassle than Office.

3. Ashka macrumors 6502a

Ashka

Your opinion only ~ which is not shared by many who have used both...:p
    I flicked word to the kerb as soon as iWork'05 came out and flicked excel when iWork'08 came out with Numbers.
    Being in a position that enables me to please myself, I use Numbers everyday, Pages most days and Keynote occasionally.

4. mac2x macrumors 65816

Yes, definitely your opinion, and I don't share it. I HATE M$ Office. OpenOffice takes care of word processing stuff that needs good Word compatibility for me.

5. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

No... but you can't argue the fact that iWork '09 is much cheaper than any version of Office for Mac.

IMHO, it's the other way around. Office does a worse job with more hassle than iWork. When I use iWork, I actually work. When I use Office, I'm always fixing, updating or crashing.

6. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Really? My university and many others offer a heavy discount on Office for Mac and Windows. Haven't seen the same for iWork.