iwork 09 / Microsoft Office 2011 folder

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by iMacXpress, Sep 9, 2011.

1. iMacXpress macrumors newbie

Hello. I just recently bought Microsoft Office 2011 and iWork 2009.

I went to a local Apple store and saw that on the dock, there was a black folder that seems to be an original folder that came with Microsoft Office.

When you double click the folder, it pops up vertically letting you view all of your programs that are in the folder.

As of right now, I have each program on the dock and it's taking up space and doesn't look clean.. Word, Outlook, Powerpoint, etc.

How do I get the original Microsoft Office folder/ iWork folder so that all my programs are in there instead of it being all over my dock?? Thanks in advance!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

Not sure about iWork, but just find the Office folder in your apps folder and drag it onto the dock, to the right of the divider

3. Sc00tr macrumors regular

iwork

iwork does not have a folder when installed. The individual apps are just installed in the application directory. Just create a folder in the applications directory and then move pages, numbers & keynote into the folder. Drag the folder to the right side of your dock.

you can also change the icons on any of your folders by right clicking->get info and dragging a new icon onto the folder icon on the top right corner of the window.

4. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Note that this is not true if the apps are installed from the DVD, only if they are installed from the App Store. The DVD installer does create a folder for the iWork apps.

jW

5. obsidian1200 macrumors 6502

obsidian1200

To get a folder instead of individual icons for the iwork Apps, you first need to make sure they're in their own folder. If they aren't, create one and move the applications into it (this shouldn't disrupt anything, as I've done this to several applications and haven't had any problems). Then, locate the folder in your applications folder and drag the folder to your dock. Once the folder is on your dock, drag and drop the individual iwork icons from the dock to make them go "poof."

If you want a custom iWork folder icon, search the internet, as you'll find plenty of either fan folders or originals :)

Hope this helps!