iWork 09 - missing serial number

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by macsig, Jul 1, 2010.

1. macsig macrumors regular

Hello guys,
    I bought iWork09 (family) and I have installed it but when I open any apps it asks for a serial number. I have checked on the box and online and looks like it doesn't come with a serial number, I mean you don't need it.

[​IMG]

Am I missing something?

Thanks.

2. randomerratum macrumors 6502

I ran into this too;
    Did you have the demo version installed prior? The demo version needs a serial number to become the full version, but the boxed version doesn't... so it results in a conflict.

Try deleting the iWork application; Use App Cleaner (free) so it gets all the preference files as well and just re-install from the disc.

3. macsig thread starter macrumors regular

Hello and thanks for your reply.
    I had the trial version installed earlier on but I have uninstalled it.
    I did again the same (uninstall & reinstall) but I still get the serial number popup.

Any other ideas?

4. Prospekt macrumors regular

Did you uninstall using AppCleaner or just by dragging to the trash? If you just dragged to the trash, try using AppCleaner, because that will get rid of any old preference files from the installation that might be forcing the serial key box.

5. PeggyD macrumors 6502a

All new Macs come with the trial of iWork. It used to be that to update the trial to the licensed version with the box, you just inserted the DVD & ran the installer to convert the trial to licensed. This has changed with Snow Leopard. You now need to delete the trial & then reinstall from the boxed DVD. The files to delete are the iWork ’09 folder from the main HD > Applications; the iWork ’09 folder in HD > Library > Application Support & the individual iWork application plist files found in HD > Users > (your account) > Library > Preferences for each user.

6. macsig thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for your replies.
    I used appCleaner but as I discovered it doesn't delete all the files.
    HD > Library > Application Support > iWork09 was still there.

Now everything is fine.

Thanks again.